- Advance membership growth and membership retention.
- Expand the Chamber Checks program usage.
- Expand participation in the Lexington Leaders program.
- Promote the benefits of networking and business development through participation in Chamber events.
- Explore value added programs and inform members of the positive benefits.
- Chamber-sponsored seminars to help members overcome business challenges.
Government and Public Policy
- Monitor state and federal legislative issues that affect the Chamber membership.
- Represent the interests of the membership at City Council and County Commissioner meetings.
- Monitor progress of state and local road projects in the Lexington area.
- Organize Business Roundtables with elected officials.
- Support and encourage public school education.
- Promote community involvement in the Communities In Schools Mentor Program and Backpack Program.
- Host the New Teacher Reception in cooperation with local chambers to support teacher retention efforts.
- Promote and support the Leadership Davidson County program.
- Promote and support the Youth Leadership Davidson County program.
- Support the efforts of the Yadkin Valley Career Academy.
Marketing and Technology
- Improve Website, to include video offerings and pictures from events throughout the year.
- Identify revenue generating opportunities presented through Chamber Master and Membership Directory.
- Promote distribution of Portraits of Davidson County Magazine.
- Conduct social media workshop and improve use of social media to promote Chamber events.
Business and Commercial Development
- Promote and support the “Buy Local” initiative and create awareness regarding the new sales tax distribution method.
- Advocate for development of a new 500 acre business park within Davidson County to facilitate industrial development and job creation and support the efforts of Davidson Progress and local governments.
- Continue to support the passenger rail project.
- Support the “Depot District” Re-development project in uptown Lexington.
- Develop a proactive strategy for the Chamber related to retail and commercial development.
- Sponsor education events for small business owners and merchants.
High Performance Manufacturing Association
- In conjunction with Chamber partners, plan and execute educational events that benefit members who are manufacturers or suppliers to manufacturers. These events are geared to make manufacturers more efficient and competitive. Events are held each four to six weeks throughout the year with over 25 successful events to date.
- Annual Meeting
- Alive After Five (Four Concerts)
- Holiday Gala